[EuroPython] pyhton question- distribution

Michael Sparks sparks.m at gmail.com
Tue Apr 27 14:38:46 CEST 2010

Hi Harald,

On Fri, Apr 23, 2010 at 9:18 AM, Massa, Harald Armin <chef at ghum.de> wrote:
> that gives me the impression that you know  A LOT about building robots &
> controlling robots with Python.

I think "a lot" is perhaps pushing things. I do know enough to know
where the dangers lurk (ie more than "enough to be dangerous :-)
though as well.

Enough to give an interesting talk to assist others to get started -
based around talking around how we've used arduino & python at work
for prototyping stuff? Almost certainly. (It's probably the getting
started bit that I think most people have problems with to be frank :)

>  How can I persuade you to give a talk about it at EP 2010 ?

Just asking me like this is enough really. I'm checking with my
manager whether he's OK with me giving a talk on this stuff as well.
I'll put in a rough proposal into the system, with the caveat that if
I'm told I can't give the talk it'll have to be pulled. (Europython
being over 4 week days this year is the biggest issue here
incidentally. If this was Pycon UK, it'd be no problem since that was
weekends)

Michael.