[EuroPython] Europython Videos on their way...

Michael Sparks sparks.m at gmail.com
Sat Aug 7 21:55:38 CEST 2010

Hi Terry,

On Fri, Aug 6, 2010 at 8:17 PM, Terry Jones <terry at jon.es> wrote:
..
> Thanks for all the hard work - sorry to hear about the troubles.
>
> Would it be any help to have (say) an EC2 extra large instance to use?
> We'd be happy to get you one (or several) for as long as the transcoding
> takes. I imagine getting the data onto them might be the problem in that
> case, though?

Many thanks for your kind words - I just wanted to give people a heads up :-)

Regarding transcoding, this is now happily progressing (about 40% done
now - should be about 72 hours in total at a guess), so that's fine.
(I'm using multiple machines & cores in parallel) Regarding using EC2
- the real issue there would be getting the data there and back really
as you note.

It's all progressing really, just 2 weeks delayed by hardware
silliness and work silliness, which is really the key thing!

Regarding next time, I'm already also beginning to think and look at
better ways of doing this. (Which will probably be something along the
lines of direct recording to disk via HD webcams etc. But that's a
different conversation!)

Michael.