[EuroPython] Train from London Heathrow to Birmingham this Saturday

Michael Sparks ms at cerenity.org
Tue Jul 13 12:04:18 CEST 2010

On Tuesday 13 July 2010 09:01:10 Guido van Rossum wrote:
> Is there anyone who can give me hint on how to travel from London
> Heathrow (terminal 5) to Birmingham? I'll be arriving there Saturday
> around noon.

This is where traintimes.org.uk comes into its own:

   http://traintimes.org.uk/heathrow%20terminal%205/birmingham/12:00/saturday

It's recommendations are generally pretty close to common sense, and match the
rest of the thread - with one exception - it notes that there's engineering
work on the underground on 17th and 18th this weekend.

The quickest route would appear to be a bus.

The route I'd take would be tube on piccadilly line to Kings Cross, and then
walk from Kings Cross to Euston. (Come out station, turn right down Euston
Road; it's about a 10 minute walk - 1/2 mile - and I don't walk fast) Then
train from Euston to Birmingham New Street.

I wouldn't take it because it's the quickest, but because it's the least
hassle.

Michael.