[EuroPython] Europython's Videoing Team Needs You

Michael Sparks sparks.m at gmail.com
Sun Jul 18 01:57:15 CEST 2010

Hi,

As noted in previous emails, I'll be videoing all the talks I attend
(like last year[1]). 4 parallel tracks means this is 1/4 of the
conference (I can only be in one place/track at once! :).

[1] http://mail.python.org/pipermail/europython/2009-July/007488.html

With volunteers we can raise this number to nearly 2 tracks. Without
volunteers - you gentle reader - we cannot.

I'm only looking for one volunteer each morning, and one volunteer
each afternoon. (It's easier if it's the same volunteer in the morning
and afternoon.) You won't be recording after the break in the
afternoon. You don't need to have used a video camera before - I
hadn't before last year.

All in all, you are signing up to record a minimum of 3 talks, and
preferably 6. Possibly more if you like :-)

The current volunteers for slots looks like this:

   * Monday AM : --
   * Monday PM : --
   * Tuesday AM : Richard Barran (Room: Library Theatre, then after
break: Recital Hall)
   * Tuesday PM : RichardBarran (Room: Recital Hall, then after break:
Library Theatre)
   * Wednesday AM: --
   * Wednesday PM: WalterPy (Room: Library Theatre)
   * Thursday AM: WalterPy (Room: New Lecture Theatre)

(WalterPy you'll note that I've removed your kind offer of recording
alongside Richard Barran in Tuesday AM and PM, but there isn't
sufficient resources for that as far as I know at this instant - I'll
know more in the morning)
(RichardBarran - there aren't sufficient resources to do before and
after the break in the afternoon)

For reference, this is /my/ planned recording schedule:

    Sunday AM : Which ever tutorial would like me to record it
    Sunday PM : Which ever tutorial would like me to record it
    Monday AM, prebreak -- Adrian Boult /Library Theatre
    Monday AM, postbreak -- Library Theatre
    Monday PM, prebreak -- Library Theatre
    Monday PM, postbreak -- Adrian Boult
    Tuesday AM, prebreak -- Adrian Boult
    Tuesday AM, postbreak -- Library Theatre
    Tuesday PM, prebreak -- Adrian Boult
    Tuesday PM, postbreak -- Adrian Boult
    Wednesday AM, prebreak -- Adrian Boult / New Lecture Theatre
    Wednesday AM, postbreak -- Recital Hall
    Wednesday PM, prebreak -- Lecture Room 1
    Wednesday PM, postbreak -- Recital Hall
    Thursday AM, prebreak -- Adrian Boult / Library Theatre
    Thursday AM, postbreak -- (Recital Hall)
    Thursday PM - Adrian Boult (lightning talks & close)

... ie I'm not asking you to do anything I wouldn't do myself!

As noted above, I'm only looking for 1-3 volunteers now to cover these slots:
   * Monday AM : --
   * Monday PM : --
   * Wednesday AM: --

What am I asking you to do?

Volunteer!
Collect some cameras. Go to interesting talks & record them. (1 talk per camera)
Return cameras at the start of lunch or start of afternoon break.

Go on... You know you want to!

(If push comes to shove, I think I have a way of being in two places
at once, but I'd rather not try... :-)

Regards,

Michael.