[EuroPython] FYI: Talk submission fails with server error. Q: What now?

Jonathan Fine jfine at pytex.org
Sat May 1 12:16:50 CEST 2010

Jonathan Fine wrote:
> Hello
>
> I tried to submit a talk and discussion earlier today, using the form on
> http://www.europython.eu/submission/ but got a server error.  (Something
> to do with not being able to find my photograph thumbnail as I recall.)
>
> What should I do?  I have copies of the fields I filled in (kindly
> supplied by a Django traceback!).
>
> BTW, last weekend I submitted a tutorial and was sort of expecting an
> acknowledgement.

Well, this morning I solved both problems.

The lack of acknowledgement was because I'd failed to fill in a required
field and on submit I got the page back again but, as a recall, the
required field error message was in the visible portion of the browser
window.

I submitted my talk by supplied a new picture of myself (which was a
copy of the old one that appeared on the submission form).

best regards

Jonathan