[EuroPython] Publication of speakers' data on the web site

Charlie Clark charlie.clark at clark-consulting.eu
Sat Apr 9 15:48:02 CEST 2011

Am 09.04.2011, 15:22 Uhr, schrieb Stefan Schwarzer
<sschwarzer at sschwarzer.net>:

> Hi everyone
> On the talk submission form [1] there are required fields
> for the date of birth and the mobile phone number of the
> speaker.
> A bit down is an - also required - checkbox titled "I agree
> to let you publish my data on the web site." Does that
> actually mean I can only submit a talk if I agree to have my
> date of birth and mobile phone number published on the
> website?

Good call, Stefan.

seems in blatant disregard of the site's privacy policy, but then the site
is also using Google Analytics which also breaches this and it's also not
sure which data is handed over to Janrain for the single sign-on: their
website doesn't really inspire trust that personal data will be treated as
such. I'm more than a little intrigued to see cookies for the site for a
conference in 2011 set to expire in 2021. It's worth noting the EU
directive on data protection, privacy which 2009/136/EC is supposed to go
into force in May.

Charlie
--
Charlie Clark