[EuroPython] Publication of speakers' data on the web site

Giovanni Bajo rasky at develer.com
Sat Apr 9 15:57:12 CEST 2011

On sab, 2011-04-09 at 14:37 +0100, Alex Kavanagh wrote:
> Um, more to the point, why do they *need* your date of birth? Surely,
> if it's just to make sure you're 18 or over, there can be a tick box
> saying 'please tick to indicate you're over 18'?  Or is there some
> strange law I'm not aware of?

It's written in the help popup of the field.

Italian laws require us to do behave differently if we are dealing with
minors that are between 14 and 18, and below 14. Plus you would need to
explain whether you mean "over 14/18 today" or "over 14/18 at the
conference". It seemed easier to us just to ask for a date field, in
case *other* laws come up later in the game.

It's clearly written that we will not publish this information. In fact,
we have *striven* to require as little personal information as legally
possible, throughout the whole website, both in the ticket purchase
procedure and the speaker talk submission.
--
Giovanni Bajo