[EuroPython] [Europython-improve] can we discuss on ONE mailing list, please?

Giovanni Bajo rasky at develer.com
Thu Jan 27 19:48:14 CET 2011

On Thu, 2011-01-27 at 13:36 +0000, John Pinner wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 27 January 2011 13:26, Fabio Pliger <fabio.pliger at s3srl.com> wrote:

> >> Agreed, two copies of each email is tedious. :-)
> >
> > I agree with that too but some folks follow europython@ and other follow
> > europython-improve. That's why i posted on both...
> > I'm +1 on keep discussions on only one list. Wich one?
>
> europython-improve was started specifically for organisers to work on
> - 'improve' - the conference. That is the one we should use.
>
> The plain europython list is for the conference delegates, many of who
> seem to have a very low tolerance to email. Already today, with a
> little flurry on the list, three people have unsubscribed. Many
> unsubscribed last year in the run-up to EP2010, heaven knows how they
> thought they could keep in touch with what was happening!

I personally don't see much value in a *mailing-list* for delegates. In
PyCon Italy, we have a mailing-list for organizers and a newsletter (=
read-only mailing-list, if you prefer) for delegates/fans/followers,
with a very low and clean traffic.

By your description above, I propose that we simply turn europython@
into a newsletter so that non-moderators can't post (and we can then
link it with the "subscribe to newsletter" form in the website).
Giovanni Bajo   ::  rasky at develer.com
Develer S.r.l.  ::  http://www.develer.com

My Blog: http://giovanni.bajo.it
Last post: Compile-time Function Execution in D