[EuroPython] Eeny, meeny, miny, moe

info at pycon.it info at pycon.it
Mon May 30 10:36:35 CEST 2011

Catch an EuroPythoner by the toe

If he quacks let him go

Eeny, meeny, miny, moe!

What's better than a rhyme to count ourselves? We guess nothing! This is why
we are pleased to announce that we are **crossing 550 registrations!**

That's right! The counter on the website is counting down from 600, which is
the absolute maximum that we are allowed to host in our venue! And given the
rate at which the counter is going down, we **will have to close
registrations** far before than time would allow!

So, how does it sound to come to Florence, enjoy one of the [most
beautiful][1] city in the world, and join the **biggest EuroPython to date?**
Will one week be enough to get acquainted with 600 fellow [quacking][2]
pythoneers?

And this is also a very good time to announce a new keynote speaker that we
managed to slip into the schedule after the initial publication. If you
watched really close to changes, you already know who I am speaking of: [Brian
Fitzpatrick!][3]

Not only Brian is a brilliant programmer and manager, member of the Apache
Software Foundation and head of Google's offices in Chicago, but he is a
_astounding_ speaker. He is a good old friend of Python Italia and already
delighted us with a [keynote at PyCon Due][4] in 2008. We have been literally
counting days waiting for his return, and we are so happy to have him again in
Florence for EuroPython! His keynote is called [The myth of the Genius
Programmer][5], and it is scheduled on Thursday evening. Don't miss it!

### Good EuroPythoneer's checklist

  * [Ticket][6]

  * [Hotel][7]

  * Travel

  * [Data/Tethering SIM][8]

  * [PyFiorentina][9] conference dinner reservation

  * At least one [tour of the city][1]

  * Marked all talks I like in the [schedule][10]

  * Printed 5-10 paper copies of my CV for the [recruiting session][11]

  * Follow [@europython][12] on Twitter

  * Read EuroPython [blog][13]/[RSS][14]

  * Have fun with 600 programmers in Florence

   [1]: http://ep2011.europython.eu/partner-program

   [2]: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duck_typing

   [3]: http://www.red-bean.com/fitz/

   [4]: http://www.pycon.it/conference/talks/do-you-believe-users