[EuroPython] Work on Call for Participation for EuroPython 2015 has started

Michael sparks.m at gmail.com
Mon Feb 3 04:05:55 CET 2014

You might not call it ridiculously expensive. For me it was/is and I'm
sorry that you don't like that, and if you want to go back and forth on
this, I'll unsubscribe from the list (I probably should given it's now out
my price range actually). You clearly have a higher disposable income than
me - which is cool. Note I also said, *when you factor everything else in*.
This isn't a criticism, my comment was an expression of surprise. Once upon
a time I viewed Europython as an affordable conference - and one I could
and did contribute to, since it moved to Florence (and now beyond) it
hasn't been. Again, things move on, it's not a criticism. I'd rather the
conference move around between places to avoid any one group getting burnt
out.

*Expensive is after all a relative phrase*, and I still assert that 400 EURO
*is* expensive (from my perspective), and if the organisers feel that's
what it'll cost them to run it at non-profit, then fair enough. Just means
that it prices out lots of people from coming. But then that's economics
for you. I also agree that many others will go "wtf? 400 EURO is a bargain!"
others will go "Finally, the cost is at a level where my employer will take
it seriously as a real conference", and you'll get a whole load of other
people instead. Which again, is cool.

Anyway, I'll go back to lurking now.

Michael.