[EuroPython] Extra "Personal" ticket charge to Early Bird conditions on Monday

Armin Rigo arigo at tunes.org
Sat Feb 8 09:49:37 CET 2014

Hi Andreas,

On 8 February 2014 08:14, Andreas Jung <lists at zopyx.com> wrote:
> At least the organization team has a financial plan and
> a budget and it is _obvious_ to every child that can calculate that you
> can not sell an undetermined number of tickets to a reduced price over
> some fixed period if you don't want to run over your budget.

Andreas, this tone seems unsuitable to me.  Are you calling the
organizers of all previous EuroPython conferences childs that can't
calculate?  Are you calling childish all previous Pythoneers that
naively expect a similar model in this EuroPython than what they are
used to?  If you are, you're alienating them very quickly.  You are
not explaining how previous EuroPythons managed to do it while your
team doesn't.  I'm guessing that arguments based on the new scale of
the conference are acceptable, but they need to be presented.

A bientôt,

Armin.