[EuroPython] Proposal review interface

Christopher Arndt chris at chrisarndt.de
Mon Mar 10 23:54:45 CET 2014

I just got approved as a proposal reviewer and had a look at the list of
proposals awaiting review. I noticed two things:

- I can't see the contents of the "Notes" field in the submission form
for proposals listed anywhere. Since this was advertised especially as
an opportunity to pass explanatory remarks to the reviewers, this
omission is very unfortunate.

- I'm fairly certain that in the form to submit training proposals the
first two text areas were labelled "Structure" and "Description" instead
of "Abstract" and "Description" and they were in reverse order.

The result is that training proposals now contain a narrative of the
structure in the abstract field, where reviewers would probably would
expect a short description of (the topics of) the training, seeing that
the section is labelled "Abstract" and is listed first.

Can we please make the contents of the "Notes" field visible to the
reviewers?

Can we label the sections in the reviewer view the same as they were
labelled in the submission form?

Can we make sure that for trainings the right text ends up in the
conference program (i.e. the contents of the "Description" field)?

Chris