[EuroPython] EuroPython 2014 Feedback Results

Semen Trygubenko / Семен Тригубенко semen at trygub.com
Fri Oct 10 13:15:39 CEST 2014

Dear All,

Why don't the EPS board and local organizers become the same thing?
EPS is all about the conference, right?
Why not elect EPS board every two years, and "tie" the board members
to a location where the conference is held biannualy?
This way the local organizers who "won" the next year would get
the chance to run the things the way they see fit
and also feel the responsibility and associated
potential unpleasantness that comes with being a member of the board.

There probably should be some continuity, e.g. two members from the previous
board become non-execs on the new board to pass on the knowledge, etc.
And the three new members, ideally, are prominent Python figures, living at
or somehow linked to the location where the conference is to be held.

Thanks,
Semen

PS It seems to me that this, at least on average, would lead to a more fault-tolerant and interesting
EuroPython ecosystem — but that's, just, like my opinion, man :). Apologies, if you have already considered
this solution and disregarded it because of its shortcomings.

--
Семен Тригубенко http://trygub.com