[execnet-dev] RSync Issue

Charles Solar charlessolar at gmail.com
Fri Jul 9 17:03:38 CEST 2010

It would appear that RSync will only work with brand new gateways that
have not had any other operations run on them.  Is this intentional?
For example, I do something like

gw = execnet.makegateway( "ssh=foobar" )
gw.remote_exec( mybootstrapper )

... then later I want to rsync ...

rsync = execnet.RSync( "/tmp/foobar" )
rsync.add_target( gw, "/tmp/barfoo" )
rsync.send()

I get remote EOFErrors

File "execnet-1.0.6-py2.7.egg/execnet/rsync.py", line 126, in send
    self._end_of_channel(channel)
  File "execnet-1.0.6-py2.7.egg/execnet/rsync.py", line 44, in _end_of_channel
    channel.waitclose()
  File "execnet-1.0.6-py2.7.egg/execnet/gateway_base.py", line 377, in waitclose
    raise error
exceptions.EOFError: expected 1 bytes, got 0

If I however create a brand new gateway to give to rsync it works fine.

I would think that since rsync just creates a new channel on the
gateway that it should work on existing 'old' gateways.

Charles