[execnet-dev] adding env option to xspec

holger krekel holger at merlinux.eu
Thu Jun 24 14:53:05 CEST 2010

Hi Jakub,

not sure it makes sense to add this to execnet, maybe better
to xdist code?  Things is it's easy to set environment variables
when initializing gateways yourself. Just when using pytest-xdist
you cannot easily do this because that API level is not exposed.
So xdist could grow a configuration option to interpret
some additional xspec settings.

I suggest to use

    popen//env:NAME=value

as syntax.   That being said i am not totally opposed to adding
it directly to execnet.  Maybe other people here on the list also
have comments ...

best,
holger