[Expat-discuss] expat 1.95 on win32

Kaiserovi kaiserovi@worldmail.cz
Tue, 12 Dec 2000 21:21:26 +0100

Hello,

first of all, thanks for this great version of expat.

I'm trying to provide a uniform way to link our product (an XSLT
processor called Sablotron) with expat 1.95 when building on win32. We'd
like to be able to use the binary distribution of expat as well as the
source one. We need to access expat.h and expat.lib in the build, but
would like to avoid asking for the full paths to these 2 files. However,
we encountered the following problems:

- the DLL in the binary distribution (expat_1_95_1.dll) is named
differently from the one produced from the sources (expat.dll),
- the .lib file is not included among the binaries.

Is this on purpose? Also, wouldn't it be better to use the same names
and the same directory structure for the binaries (plus expat.h) in the
two distributions?

BTW, I assume one should use the LIB utility to produce a .lib from the
.dll in the binary distribution, but I wasn't able to do so without
using the object files. Is there a way?

Thank you,

Tom Kaiser
(Ginger Alliance)