[Expat-discuss] expat on macos x

Ken MacLeod ken@bitsko.slc.ut.us
14 Dec 2000 10:45:28 -0600

Sive Lindmark <sive@sell.bd.se> writes:

> I have tried expat on linux before and now I try to move my project
> to maxos x. Does anybody know if someone have ported expat to maxos
> x?  (Run in trouble with the configure script.)

This isn't the same, but for reference, expat-1.95.1 configures and
compiles clean on MacOS X *Server* 1.0 and 1.2, and I haven't had any
problems running it so far.  Host system type
powerpc-apple-rhapsody5.6

I haven't tried it on MOSX Public Beta yet, waiting for Apple to clean
up their act on packaging issues before doing any development there.

It's possible that the development environment you've installed isn't
installed completely or correctly.  Have you been able to compile
other packages?  What does configure say is wrong?  MOSXbeta is a
FreeBSD clone if that helps anyone.

  -- Ken