[Expat-discuss] NSTriplets work?

Gary Stephenson garys@ihug.com.au
Tue, 7 Aug 2001 15:29:39 +1000

Hi all,

I've just started work on interfacing expat to my Xbase++ XML processor.  I am
making excellent progress, and have learned a heap along the way - both about
XML and C coding!  Many thanks to all concerned, particularly JC <g>.  But....
(you just knew there was going to be a "but" somewhere didn't you?)

I can't get the function XML_setReturnNSTriplet( ..) to work for element
names - it only works for attributes.  Browsing the source code confirms the
observation - the only place where the parser's ns_triplets field is referred
to is within the storeAtts(..) function.

I am using expat (1.95.2) on Win2K.

I am not terribly experienced as a C programmer - but I would be happy to have
a go at fixing the problem if I could get confirmation that it really is a
bug - and not a feature <g>, and that nobody else is likely to be fixing it
anytime soon.

Many thanks in advance,

gary stephenson