[Expat-discuss] Using Expat 1.95.1 under WIN32 and Solaris (7/8)

Dirk Dierckx brc@fourlittlemice.com
Thu, 26 Jul 2001 09:10:34 +0200

Hi,

I'm using Expat 1.95.1 under Linux for some time now, but I need to port my
code to Win32.
To do this I've downloaded the expat_win32bin_1_95_1.zip from sourceforge
but there is no
import library included with the package (only the header file and the dll).
My question
now is, how can I use the dll.  The method to create an import library by
hand (extracting
all exports from the dll using dumpbin, converting it to a .def file and
using link to
create the .lib) isn't well documented so I think there must be another way
to do this.
Anyone?

The same code needs to be ported to Solaris(7 & 8) too, so can I use the
same source tarball
as for Linux and compile it under Solaris (using gcc) without modifications
or are there some
things to keep in mind?
---
Regards,