[Expat-discuss] Expat 16 bits compatibility

Fred L. Drake, Jr. fdrake@acm.org
Mon, 30 Jul 2001 12:06:40 -0400 (EDT)

=?iso-8859-1?q?Sylvain=20PRAT?= writes:
 > I'm hardly trying to port expat to a 16 bits version,
 > in fact to a windows 3.1 dll, with msvc 1.52. I'm
 > getting many compilers errors (i do not know very well
 > vc 1.52), and i can't understand what is the
 > namingBitmap in the file nametab.h
 > I can't see why it is so difficult to make expat 16
 > bits, so can anyone help me ?

  I don't have any access to Windows 3.1 development tools, so I don't
know how much I can help.  Perhaps if you posted the specific error
output you get we can make a little progress.
  It's not clear to me that a 16-bit port would be very useful to many
people, but it's always good to identify places in the code where
there are unnecessary assumptions; that will help anyone on a 64-bit
platform as well.

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.  <fdrake at acm.org>