[Expat-discuss] Need to build on Win2000k

Matthew O. Persico persicom@acedsl.com
Mon Oct 8 18:54:15 2001

I know that the recomended installation on Winboxes is to use the
Windows binary. However, when trying to build XML::Parser, I get a
compile error:

D:\opt\Expat\1.95.2\libs\expat.lib : fatal error LNK1106: invalid file
or disk full: cannot seek to 0x3b620589
NMAKE : fatal error U1077: 'link' : return code '0xc'
Stop.

I have gotten this type of error before. It is usually due to trying to
link with some lib file build with VC++6.0. I am using VC++5.0. :-(

I took a shot at using the expat.dsw file in the Expat\Source directory
of the Win32 distribution. I got this error
	LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file "LIBCMTD.lib"
	Error executing link.exe.

Does anyone have any pointers as to how I may proceed?

Thank you

--
Matthew O. Persico

http://www.acecape.com/dsl