[Expat-discuss] Problem ignoring non declared entities during parsing

Kearns, Una una.kearns@documentum.com
Fri Oct 12 15:36:05 2001

Hi,

I have the following problem --
   Due to the stage in processing I will have XML files that will not be
well-formed --- what will be missing are Doctype Declarations and Entity
Declarations.

Is there a way with Expat to add an entity handler so this will still parse
(i.e. ignore this case) --- i.e. I will have entity references with no
entity declarations. So on hitting an entity -- just do nothing and continue
parsing if no declaration found.

Thanks for you assistance,
Una