[Expat-discuss] How can I add a function to skip a setnumber of bytes

Joe Wiemann JWieman@daktronics.com
Wed Sep 5 07:35:05 2001

The requirement is to have embedded graphics in a xml type file format.. this file format does not have to follow the exact rules of xml..
we just want the file format to be easy to follow and somewhat readable by human eyes....

>>> "Joe Wiemann" <jwieman@daktronics.com> 09/04/01 08:04PM >>>
this is for an embedded system where I plan to embed graphics into my file
format.

I can tell how many bytes I need to skip by the tag that proceeds the
graphic

ex.
here I skip 12 bytes

<IM h="2" w="6" bitcount="8">XxXxXxXxXxXx</IM>

the problem is that I can have the following in there too

<IM h="2" w="6" bitcount="8"><IM><>?? !^y</IM>

so I really need to just skip so many bytes -- and encoding will not
matter... it will still be skipping bytes in this case...

I know this is not following XML -- but I think I can get it to work -> I do
not want the overhead of doing mime encoding or anything like that.

I want to skip the bytes and parse normally after that.