[Expat-discuss] XML_ParserReset

David Crowley dcrowley@scitegic.com
Thu Apr 18 16:12:03 2002

At 11:42 AM 4/18/2002, Karl Waclawek wrote:

>Do you think the principle behind your patch could be used
>not to reset, but to remember the state of the parser?
>
>I am asking because I recently made a feature request regarding
>new functions suspend(), resume(), abort(), so that the new
>pull APIs can be supported.
>
>Karl

No, I don't think so.  Those functions would require additional changes in
very different places.  My patch was more about being able to parse new
documents without creating a new XMLParser object, and preserving the
memory allocated across the parsing calls.  It speeds up parsing multiple
documents noticeably.