[Expat-discuss] parse error code - no element found

Eric Bohlman ebohlman@earthlink.net
Wed Feb 20 16:18:03 2002

2/17/02 3:07:04 PM, Sarone Thach <sarone.thach@zeacom.net> wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I'm very new to expat. I have been getting errors like "no element found".
>Could some one tell me what the common cause of this error is.
>
>The Text in the xml file that I'm reading is the following:
>
><?Expires 1?>
><?InsertMainMenu?>
>

>I have handlers in the code to process the above instructions.
The error is exactly as it says.  The XML Recommendation requires that a  well-formed XML document
contain exactly one top-level element, and your document doesn't contain any  element, just
processing instructions.  That's not allowed.