[Expat-discuss] make failed on Tru64, anyone with this problem?

ty.roach@acecomm.com ty.roach@acecomm.com
Thu Feb 21 07:16:52 2002

Can't offer any help, but I experienced the same thing.  I'm running
Solaris 2.6, in the K shell environment.

Ty Roach
ty.roach@acecomm.com
Ace*Comm Engineering Manager
704 Quince Orchard Rd, Suite 100
Gaithersburg MD, 20878
(w) 301-721-3113
(fx) 301-721-3001

                    Guoneng Zhong
                    <Guoneng.Zhong@med.nyu.edu>            To:     expat-discuss@lists.sourceforge.net
                    Sent by:                               cc:
                    expat-discuss-admin@lists.sourc        Subject:     [Expat-discuss] make failed on Tru64, anyone with
                    eforge.net                             this problem?

                    02/21/02 09:08 AM

Hi,
I am wondering if anyone else had this strange problem, not necessarily
on the Tru64 Alpha machine.  I downloaded both 1.95-1 and 1.95-2, and
the same problems.  I typed in ./configure.  No problem.  Everything
seems ok in the output.  I typed make and nothing happens. The unix
prompt appears again.  No error message and no indication that anything
was ok or wrong.  A colleague told me to look at the config.log, and the
only strange thing I found was three repetitions of the following:

ltconfig:1653: checking if global_symbol_pipe works
ltconfig:1654: cc -c -g  conftest.c 1>&5
ltconfig:1657: eval "/usr/bin/nm conftest.o | sed -n -e 's/^.*[
]\([BCDEGRST]\)[        ][      ]*\(\)\([_A-Za-z][_A-Za-z0-9]*\)$/\1
\2\3 \3/p' > conftest.nm"
cannot run sed -n -e 's/^.*[    ]\([BCDEGRST]\)[        ][

Not sure if this is a hint (when I compiled sucessfully 1.95-1 on Mac OS
X, I didn't see this).

Any help?

Thanks,
Guoneng