[Expat-discuss] Error on installation

F J Franklin F.J.Franklin@sheffield.ac.uk
Wed Jan 30 00:11:02 2002

On Tue, 29 Jan 2002, Jeremy Schwartz wrote:

> I installed Expat 2.30 on MacOSX 10.1.2 and I am now having some difficulty
> with a cgi that uses Expat to parse xml.
>
> I received the advice at from FJ Franklin about setting the
> DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH rather than LD_LIBRARY_PATH. How does one go about setting
> that path?

Expat 2.30? What is this version? I use 1.95.2

Anyway, if you are using sh, zsh or bash, and expat is in, for example,
/opt/expat, then:

DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/expat/lib:$DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH
export DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH

If you are using csh or tcsh, then (I think):

setenv DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH /opt/expat/lib:$DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH

Or maybe you need to set DYLD_FALLBACK_LIBRARY_PATH.

But I'm not sure why any of this should be necessary - unless you are
installing pre-compiled binaries?

Regards, Frank

Francis James Franklin
F.J.Franklin@shef.ac.uk

It's getting them wrong that is living, getting them wrong and wrong and
wrong and then, on careful reconsideration, getting them wrong again.
That's how we know we're alive: we're wrong.
                                                         --- Philip Roth