[Expat-discuss] Changing Windows DLL exports

Fred L. Drake, Jr. fdrake@acm.org
Wed Jul 10 08:32:01 2002

For the Windows DLLs, I'm planning to change the way we export symbols
from using __declspec(dllexport) to using a .DEF file.  The purpose of
this change is to support drop-in compatibility of the DLL; see SF
feature request #579144:

http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=579144&group_id=10127&atid=110127

THe question I have is this:

Is anyone interested in using the API defined in xmltok.h directly?
Recent DLLs have not been exporting those symbols, but the original
DLLs from James Clark appearantly did (from xmltok.dll).  If these
symbols are needed from the DLL, I'll need to accomodate them in the
.DEF file.

I'm planning to make this change in Expat 1.95.5.

Please comment on this in the SourceForge bug tracker if possible so
that the discussion of this issue is all together.

Thanks!

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.  <fdrake at acm.org>