[Expat-discuss] Character conversion from Ansi and Latin 1 to UTF-8

Karl Waclawek karl@waclawek.net
Sat Jul 20 06:17:03 2002

> Could anyone please refer me to the function(s) in Expat that actually converts
> from the Latin1 and Ansi character set to UTF-8?  I need to convert documents
> to UTF-8 and XML and would just like to see code examples of that kind of conversion
> to ensure that my own understanding is correct. Help will be appreciated.

There are no such conversion functions.
This simply is not Expat's job, unfortunately.
For the creation of XML, an XML editor might be appropriate,
which will implicitly gnerate UTF-8 or UTF-16.

For machine-generation, an XML writer library would be
needed. There are probably several of them available,
which you can likely find with a Google search.

Louw