[Expat-discuss] Encoding problems on Mac OS X

Naveen Viswanatha nvtek@yahoo.com
Thu Jun 6 12:32:36 2002

I am parsing xml encoded in ISO-8859-1 charset on Mac
OS 10.1 using expat v1.95.1 and v1.95.3.  On some XML
files everything works ok, however, on others, the
CharacterDataHandler seems to parse garbage (wierd
unrecognizable characters).

When I look at the actual XML file in vi, I see the
correct characters, but once I print these characters
out using the CharacterDataHandler, I get the garbage.

I have tried creating a parser with
CreateParser("ISO-8859-1") and I get the best results,
but still some garbage.  I have also tried converting
the XML file to UTF-8, but that doesn't seem to work
either.  Needless to say, I have tried different
combinations of converting XML files to different
encodings and crating parsers with NULL, UTF-8,
ISO-8859-1, but to no avail.

any help would be appreciated.
nv