[Expat-discuss] Expat 1.95.3 coming up

Fred L. Drake, Jr. fdrake@acm.org
Fri May 31 19:41:03 2002

A recurring complaint about recent Expat versions from users of the
XML::Parser package has been that the name of the Expat DLL clashes
with the name of the DLL containing the XML::Parser::Expat Perl
module.

In the upcoming release of Expat, 1.95.3, we're renaming the DLL to
libexpat.dll (from expat.dll), so this should no longer be a problem.

I've placed a pre-release Windows installer for Expat 1.95.3 at:

http://expat.sourceforge.net/expat_win32bin_1_95_3_pre.exe

I'd really like to hear back from anyone who can test it with the Perl
bindings.  Please let me know how it goes; if you have any problems
using it, file a bug report on SourceForge:

http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?atid=110127&group_id=10127&func=browse

If all goes well, please let us know as well by sending a note to the
expat-discuss list:

http://sourceforge.net/mail/?group_id=10127

Thanks!

  -Fred