[Expat-discuss] expact, make check, no check.h

Josh Martin Josh.Martin@abq.sc.philips.com
Thu, 3 Oct 2002 21:31:00 -0600 (MDT)

> HP-UX  B.11.00 U 9000/800
> Situation: database went to 64-bit; converting all apps
> to 64-bit.  Rebuilding apache, apache wanted new expat
> lib. Building new expat lib, "make check" fails after
> successful build.
>
> Build summary:
> % pwd
> /usr/local/build/expat-1.95.5
> % mkdir +build
> % cd +build
> % ../configure --build=hppa64-hp-hpux11.00 --host=hppa64-hp-hpux11.00
--with-gnu-ld
> [must use gnu-ld for 64-bit apps compiled with gcc]
> [configure had not warnings or errors]
> % make
<snip>
> % make check
<snip>
> I assume I should not install after the checks/tests
> failing. Any idea what has gone wrong?

You have to have the Check package installed to run the tests for Expat. You can
find the location for this package referenced in tests/README.txt.

Expat mailing list readers can ignore the rest of this message.

Robert, I have already built, installed, and tested (by hand) a 64-bit
version of expat-1.95.5, so this doesn't need to be done again.

 - Josh