[Expat-discuss] Re: Expat 1.95.6 released!

Meyer, Tony T.A.Meyer at massey.ac.nz
Thu Jan 30 13:45:41 EST 2003

> Meyer, Tony writes:
>  > What needs to be done for a complete test?
> It's hard to remember.  ;-)
:)

> Essentially, you'd just need to install
> the "check" unit testing library
Done.

> and run "make check" at the top level
> of the Expat CVS checkout.
I haven't made expat before (I've been using the prebuilt win32 binaries), so forgive me if these are overly newbie:

* I had to follow the process outlined in <http://mail.libexpat.org/pipermail/expat-bugs/2002-December/001317.html> before I could run configure successfully.  Is it meant to be that way?

* make check could not find the check library (which was in /usr/local/lib) when making tests/runtests.  I manually edited the makefile, adding -L$(libdir) and it then compiled

* runtests had errors because I was running in a path with a space in it (shame on me) - lots of paths were incorrect (I moved the directory)

Once these were resolved I got:
tests/runtests
Expat version expat_1.95.6
Running suite(s): basic