[Expat-discuss] Re: Expat 1.95.6 released!

Fred L. Drake, Jr. fdrake at acm.org
Thu Jan 30 11:12:47 EST 2003

Meyer, Tony writes:
 > > and run "make check" at the top level
 > > of the Expat CVS checkout.
 > I haven't made expat before (I've been using the prebuilt win32
 > binaries), so forgive me if these are overly newbie:
 >
 > * I had to follow the process outlined in
 >   <http://mail.libexpat.org/pipermail/expat-bugs/2002-December/001317.html>
 >   before I could run configure successfully.  Is it meant to be that way?

No, but that's how it is on Cygwin these days.  ;-(  I suspect libtool
will have to be removed, since it's probably causing the real problems
to be more difficult to solve.

 > * make check could not find the check library (which was in
 >   /usr/local/lib) when making tests/runtests.  I manually edited
 >   the makefile, adding -L$(libdir) and it then compiled

Ok.

 > * runtests had errors because I was running in a path with a space
 >   in it (shame on me) - lots of paths were incorrect (I moved the
 >   directory)

Please let me know what these were; I don't know of anything from
Expat that should be sensitive to that.

 > Once these were resolved I got:
 > tests/runtests
 > Expat version expat_1.95.6
 > Running suite(s): basic
 > 100%: Checks:44, Failures: 0, Errors:0
 >
 > Is this what I should have got?

Yes, that's the expected output.  It looks good, thanks!

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.  <fdrake at acm.org>
PythonLabs at Zope Corporation