[Expat-discuss] expat in C++

Marcin Zdun dino at aiesec.pwr.wroc.pl
Wed May 21 22:58:50 EDT 2003

On Wed, 21 May 2003, Sergio Barbosa Villas-Boas wrote:

> > Try this...
>
> Hi Alan, hi all
>
> Thanks the project you sent.
> But however working, that's not what I was looking for.

[...]
> That is, I want a working VC project that does not rely on a binary library.
> Expat does come with source code. But as I told you,
[...]
> So, however having the expat source code, I still do not have
> a working C++ set of sources that if compiled produce the
> desired effect. That's what I'm looking for.
> I wonder if you or anyone can help me on that.

But, if you want to have expat cooperate with C++ by means of VC++, why
not use static linkage to *.lib file and access it through number of
wrappers? VC++ knows how to link to *.objs in C-originated *.lib and call
its functions, AFAIK gcc for sure must have that "feature".

So, solution I prefer is to compile or download static LIB and tell linker
to use it. It does _is_ external binary library, but is not any, after
linker produces an exe. U have flexibility of expat written in "tricky C",
avail to C++ and no DLL/so tossing around - that's what tiggers like best
:)

--
d.n.hotch/reloaded:revolutions:soon

"Huh, upgrades!"