[Expat-discuss] Small problem using 1.95.6 on Solaris 8

Fred L. Drake, Jr. fdrake at acm.org
Tue Oct 14 13:27:22 EDT 2003

Greg Martin writes:
 > Using gcc 2.95.3 for Solaris SPARC 8 and C++ I had to move the
 > definition for enum XML_Status up in expat.h to successfully build
 > an application with expat-1.95.6. There was a warning when making
 > the libraries about a compiler option being ignored (regparm I
 > think - sorry I didn't capture the warning) but otherwise no
 > problem.

Greg,

The first problem is fixed in CVS; we expect Expat 1.95.7 to be
released shortly.

I *think* the second problem has been fixed (it has been for some
platforms at least); if you have time to test on your platform, there
is a snapshot of the current code from CVS at:

    http://www.libexpat.org/expat-2003-10-11.tar.gz

I'd be glad to hear about how that works for you.

Thanks!

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.  <fdrake at acm.org>