[Expat-discuss] Character Conversion - Reinvent the wheel?

Nathan Yocom nate.yocom at xpasystems.com
Thu Oct 30 11:57:35 EST 2003

Okay - forgive me if this has been asked, but searching around uncovered
no obvious answers.  I need to write a small C++ function that takes a
string and returns it in valid format for use as an xml tag.. i.e.
    string convert(string value);
wherein things like "<" would be replaced by "&lt" and so on.

However, I can't help but feel like this has to have been done a
thousand times, anyone have or know of a function like this they would
be willing to share? Barring that, anyone have pointers as to where I
can get a list of the conversions necessary so I can get them all?

Thanks in advance,
Nate Yocom
nate.yocom at xpasystems.com