[Expat-discuss] XML_ParserCreateNS

Karl Waclawek karl at waclawek.net
Mon Dec 20 05:19:52 CET 2004

Karl Waclawek wrote:

>> While I'm of the mind that this is insane, that is what the RDF/XML
>> specs say must be done.  We should keep the special case for a
>> namespace separator of '\0' and fix anyplace this is handled according
>> to the documentation.
>

> OK, so we keep it to allow RDF processors to skip an extra step of
> uri+localName concatenation, as we are all about performance, right?
> There is probably a bug in the attribute name generation, where it does
> not deal with this special case. I may have introduced this bug when I
> fixed
> the bug of Expat not detecting duplicate attributes with different
> prefixes.

Follow up after looking at the code:

I think in the case of namespace triplets the simplest fix
for the bug above is to *always* add the namespace separator
between local name and prefix even if it is '\0'.
As I have already changed the docs to state that it is an error
to combine '\0' with triplets, the implementation is free to choose
its behaviour for that case, as long as it is safe.

Karl