[Expat-discuss] XML_ParserCreateNS

Peter Van der Beken peterv at propagandism.org
Mon Dec 20 12:09:45 CET 2004

Karl Waclawek wrote:
> However, I really would like to change the name reporting for post 2.0
> releases to pass uri, localName and prefix as three separate arguments,
> especially since we already have them available. Building the current
> name argument using separators is just extra work for Expat.

I totally want this :-). Right now I have to parse the resulting string
that I get from Expat to split out the three arguments again. Moreover,
as the length of the string is not passed along I can't start scanning
for the separator from the end of the string and so often we have to go
over the whole namespace URI, which is the longest of the three
arguments in most cases. A lot of overhead that we could avoid.

Peter