[Expat-discuss] Beginner trying to create XML file

Fred L. Drake, Jr. fdrake at acm.org
Tue Mar 9 10:18:56 EST 2004

On Tuesday 09 March 2004 09:52 am, Franz Struwig wrote:
 > Excuse my complete newbyism, but how do you create an xml file using
 > expat? I couldn't find any examples.

Expat is an XML parser and does not deal with generation of XML at all.  I
think many people simply use whatever form of print statement is available in
their chosen language (Expat is used from many), or, for more complicated
systems, select a separate library for generating XML.

There's not much that's shared between XML parsing and XML generation, so
there's little incentive to combine the two for low-level libraries like
Expat.

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.  <fdrake at acm.org>