[Expat-discuss] Re: Conflict with two expat shared libraries

Fred L. Drake, Jr. fdrake at acm.org
Tue Oct 19 22:37:20 CEST 2004

On Tuesday 19 October 2004 02:02 pm, Karl Waclawek wrote:
 > I saw that flag mentioned as well. Supposedly it is not well supported.
 > Hhmm, would it not be better then to find a way to control
 > which symbols are exported from within Expat? In other words,
 > isn't there a design issue with Expat?

I vaguely recall James Clark mentioning that he expected some people to use
the really-really-really-low-level calls directly, especially if they didn't
need to do much with the XML data.

It's not at all clear to be that anyone uses these APIs, so it may be that
doing something with the library would be best.

It would be interesting to know if anyone is using the low-level calls.  It
would be quite disturbing if they are.  ;-)  They certainly aren't
documented, and I dread the thought that they need to be supported.

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.  <fdrake at acm.org>