[Expat-discuss] Don't want wrapper scripts. - SENT AGAIN2

Andrew Hardy Andrew.Hardy at marconi.com
Mon Apr 11 17:34:31 CEST 2005

I compile and install the library in one location and I compile and link my
programs in another.

I had problems at first, but now I know that my programs are correctly
compiling and linking in the library, because I copy the binaries to an
independant location and they run and work fine as expected.

However, Where I make my programs I still get the wrapper scripts in ./ and
the binaries in ./.lib

Here is a snippet of my makefile, but be aware there is more to make it
work right, I just think the change I may be able to make is probably
some-where in here.

SHELL = /bin/bash
srcdir = ../expat
top_builddir = ../expat
LIBRARY = $(srcdir)/libexpat.la
LIBTOOL = $(SHELL) $(top_builddir)/libtool
INCLUDES = -I$(srcdir)/lib -I.
CFLAGS = -g -O2 -Wall -Wmissing-prototypes -Wstrict-prototypes -fexceptions
-DHAVE_EXPAT_CONFIG_H
LTFLAGS = --silent
COMPILE = gcc $(CFLAGS) $(DEFS) $(INCLUDES)
LINK_EXE = $(LIBTOOL) $(LTFLAGS) --mode=link $(COMPILE) -o $@

etc...

Can any-one tell me how I might just generate the target binaries into ./
and not the wrapper scripts.

Many thanks in anticipation,

Andrew.