[Expat-discuss] Simple question

Stefan A Letz stefan.letz at de.ibm.com
Tue Jan 25 15:48:57 CET 2005

I created a feature request at SF.

Stefan Letz.

             Karl Waclawek
             <karl at waclawek.ne
             t>                                                         To

             01/25/2005 03:00          Stefan A Letz/Germany/IBM at IBMDE
                                       expat-discuss at libexpat.org

                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: [Expat-discuss] Simple question

Stefan A Letz wrote:
> Actually, you don't need to free the user data if it's still valid after
> the parse. In most cases, the user data pointer is a pointer to the
> parser, so no clean-up is necessary as Expat simply sets its internal
user
> data pointer to NULL. As far as I see, there's no way around setting the
> user data pointer and the handlers again.

I think that this could probably be changed - at the moment
I can't see a reason why XML_ParserReset() has to clear userData
and all handlers. There may have been a reason, but if there was I forgot.

Why don't you make a feature request on the SF project site?

Karl