[Expat-discuss] XML Document Parse Error: not well-formed line

Oswal, Sachin oswal at amazon.com
Mon Mar 28 07:34:57 CEST 2005

Hello All,
I'm using Expat to parse xml information involving the Japanese language. The expat version and error details are as follows -
Expat Version - 1.95.5
Error - XML Document Parse Error: (0)not well-formed line: 58 column: 33 byte: 2295

I couldn't find out what exact character is causing the parser to fail. I think its some form of a '-'.

1.95.5 is an old version and we would like to upgrade to a later version. Does anyone recall if
there were any fixes related to the above error that were rolled out in versions after 1.95.5. If yes which one?
Also, which one of the latest versions is the most stable and reliable version to use.

I've looked through the bug list here http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=10127&atid=110127
and through the change list here http://expat.sourceforge.net/ but didn't come across any fixes related to the above issue.

Any response will be appreciated.

Thanks