[Expat-discuss] Help cross-compiling expat

johnny turpin johnnyturpin at gmail.com
Tue Oct 25 01:53:34 CEST 2005

I am not all that familiar with building libs in linux - I am trying
to build expat for a different target system than the system I am
building this on. It appears that I am suppose to use the configure --
host=HOST option, but I don't really know what to put for HOST. The
top of my toolchain is /opt/hardhat - however all of the toolchain
bins are at "/opt/hardhat/devkit/ppc/405/bin"

I am able to compile object files successfully, by simply redefining
the CC variable as:

COMPILER = /opt/hardhat/devkit/ppc/405/bin/ppc_405-
PPC_INCLUDES = /opt/hardhat/devkit/ppc/405/target/usr/include

CC = $(COMPILER)gcc
CXX = $(COMPILER)g++
AR = $(COMPILER)ar
LD = $(COMPILER)ld

INCLUDES = -I$(srcdir)/lib -I$(PPC_INCLUDES) -I.

.....and so on

however, the linking seems to use the libtool defined by the LIBTOOL
env variable, and ignores the "ld" definition above.

Any help here would be appreciated...