[Expat-discuss] building expat DLL on Windows

Manish Marathe manishmarathe at gmail.com
Wed Feb 8 01:02:58 CET 2006

Hello,

I wish to build expat DLL on Windows 2003 server, a Multithreaded one using
Visual C++. Reading the Readme.txt under the win32 directory informs that
expat.dsw workspace can be used which uses different .dsp's from the lib
directory. I am using VC6, but the project workspace doesn't show up
anything. Also if I try to run VC from the command line like :

msdev expat.dsp /MAKE "expat - Win32 Release" /REBUILD /USEENV /OUT
build.log

The build.log says, "This Makefile was not generated by Developer Studio"

Any help, insight would be highly appreciated.

Thanks

-Manish