[Expat-discuss] parsing a stream of XML over a socket

Ben Pirt ben at moreassociates.com
Sun Jun 4 17:14:39 CEST 2006

Hi All,
I have just started trying to work with expat so that I can send out
a stream of XML data over a socket so that a client can display the
results. I have already written the server in java and am currently
coding up a client in C which is where expat comes in. The problem I
am having is that C reads the socket in chunks at a time and so when
I pass a chunk to expat it will often throw an error. What is the
best approach for this problem? Is there a way to tell expat to keep
parsing a stream of XML? Is expat even the right parser to use?
Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Ben Pirt