[Expat-discuss] Intel MAC

Reid Spencer reid at x10sys.com
Sat May 6 02:47:33 CEST 2006

On Thu, 2006-05-04 at 15:50 -0500, Rob Craig wrote:
> Hello,
>
>     We have a c++ program that uses the Expat libraries to parse a
> number of XML files. When run on an Intel MAC, the program reports that
> the libraries can be found but they are of the wrong architecture. Any
> ideas?

You probably need to build expat from source on the Intel MAC. The i386
binary distributions are not targeted for Mac which has a different
object file format. If you can find a binary distribution labelled "Mac"
or "Darwin", that might do the trick, but probably compiling from source
is the safest bet. Its pretty easy. Just follow the directions.

Reid.