[Expat-discuss] UnixWare port not part of the standard distribution?

Robert Cruz rcruz at cpsinet.com
Mon Apr 23 15:12:34 CEST 2007

I'm trying to work with an external vendor whose platform we depend on in
many ways.  We were looking into utilizing their XML capabilities, which use
the expat library, however we kept receiving an error message telling us
that we did not have expat installed.

We run SCO UnixWare 7.14, and I have installed a package for expat 1.95.1
that I got from SCO's skunkware website.  I installed that port, but I still
received the same error message from the third party platform.

When I contacted them about the error, they stated that the UnixWare port
must not be a part of the standard distribution of the library that they are
using.  I've looked through some of the files in expat 2, and have seen
config code for UnixWare, so I'm not 100% convinced that what they are
saying is accurate.  However, I'm obviously not a developer on the expat
project, and therefore my opinion doesn't really count for much.

I am curious to see if their position has any merit.  If it does, what needs
to be done to fold any UnixWare specific development into the standard
distribution of the expat library?

Thanks,

Robert Cruz
Senior Programmer