[Expat-discuss] Parse XML file

Fred Drake fdrake at acm.org
Thu Aug 9 15:54:56 CEST 2007

On Aug 9, 2007, at 2:11 AM, amitesh kumar wrote:
> Please help me in the below code:

I suspect most of the people on this list won't be familiar with the
Python API to Expat; this sort of question usually goes to
comp.lang.python or the Python XML-SIG mailing list (http://
mail.python.org/mailman/listinfo/xml-sig/).

That doesn't make your question unwelcome, of course!

> Here I'm trying to :
> 1. Read each XML file in a folder.
> 2. Parse file.
> 3. Store some of the tags values as key-value pair in a map
> 4. Similarly maintain another collection that'll store one map per
> file.

It's not clear without reading your code what you're having trouble
with.  Perhaps you should be more specific?  I suspect, from the
number of print statements in your code, that you're stabbing in the
dark, and from question 4, that you're new to Python as well.

   -Fred

--
Fred Drake   <fdrake at acm.org>